Thursday, February 22, 2007

I'm too funky for this shirt

Today, I attended my first district meeting of teacher-librarians (in nine years) at a high school. Several senior students from the host school were waiting in the car park for the attendees to arrive. As I approached my enthusiastic guide, she expressed her frustration. "I don't know who I'm supposed to be looking for!" she complained jovially, as several other adults could be seen moving towards the main building.

"We're all teacher-librarians..." I mentioned helpfully. "Do you think we look like teacher-librarians?"

"Not really," she said.

"You mean I don't look like a teacher-librarian either?"

"Oh, not at all!" she exclaimed. "With that shirt, you look more like a funky history teacher!"

Spidershirt
FUNKY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please wear this to one of the next meet ups, brilliant!

I have to say I'm very impressed by your selection of shirts. :D

Therin of Andor said...

Thanks Adam!

I bought that shirt in one of those temporary shops next to Hoyts in George St in the CBD, about the time of the premiere of the first "Spider-Man" movie, but I've seen them in Paddy's Markets (but not quite the same material).

This shirt is indestructible - it never requires ironing! It's an oversized shirt, so it was perfect when I was carrying those extra 17kg - and it's enormous on me now - but it always gets a comment when I wear it. Actually, it was my good-shirt-of-choice at a few of the early Star Trek Meet-ups, but it would have been before you arrived in Sydney.