Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bordering on alienation?

I promise I had absolutely nothing to do with this photo cover of the 2007 Father's Day book catalogue! I walked past Borders book store in Sydney's CBD tonight, and was suddenly aware of multiple (huge) versions of this cover, as their window display, looking over my shoulder.

Andorian Dad

Inside the catalogue there are other photos of some stereotypical Dads, and the books and gifts they might like: Dad as Elvis; a detective; racing car driver; university student; and the (above) small inset of an Andorian.

It's not the first time I've been tempted to feature a Borders book catalogue in this blog. Last Christmas, the b/w cover photograph had Aussies making traditional American "snow angels", but on a beach on a hot day! If i hadn't run out of Flickr! space, it would be here, too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool! Wish that were my dad!