Saturday, August 04, 2007

Makin time for Number 96

I've just been interviewed about Aussie cult soap opera, "Number 96", and my website, by Paul Makin for his Saturday night radio program on 2UE (95.4 AM Sydney).

He asked me about how the home page came about, how I was banned from watching the show for its first 18 months, my favourite character, and my several pilgrimages to visit the actual building in Moncur Street, Woollahra, including the unforgettable night when I had dinner in what had doubled for Vera Collins' flat.

Number 96

Number 96 Home Page

The interview goes to air tonight, along with several other "96" segments, between 6pm and midnight. Should be a lot of fun.

Saturday, 06:00 PM - 11:59 PM: Nostalgia
Paul Makin relives the news, music and personalities that helped shape the 60s, 70s and 80s using 2UE's extensive archives and record library.

1 comment:

Therin of Andor said...

The "Number 96" segments aired between 10pm and 11pm.

David Sale, the creator, was also interviewed and mentioned he'd just finished writing his autobiography: "Spilling the beans: Number 96, Mavis Bramston and Me". I hope it finds a publisher soon!

Thanks Paul for a great salute to "Number 96".