Saturday, September 13, 2008

Spring is sprung

What spectacular weather today! Spring is really here Down Under.

I spent some time this afternoon cleaning up the glass cups of the six-candle candelabra which hangs above the outdoor table on my back deck, with the idea of having a few friends over to share some takeaway pizza. The candelabra sounds a bit extravagant, but it looks really great and it really sets a relaxed mood, far from the clutter of my museum-like house at the moment.

Funnily enough, we made plans for Saturday night a few days ago, and most evenings have been quite chilly, so the pizza gods were most kind.

The back deck is a regular breakfast venue throughout summer. A great way to start a day!

Jack was conspicuous by his absence tonight - he disappeared under the bed the moment I turned on the ultraviolet mozzie zapper! At least I avoided being eaten alive by the first mosquitoes of the season.

No comments: