Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Framed!

#115
I had my "Magic Circle Club" photograph professionally
framed, along with Max Bartlett's autograph!


Max very kindly inscribed a little card for me, so I could include it with the amazing still from the set he gave me a few months ago. He says, "To Ian - Great to chat about the memories of the show and meet someone who enjoyed the production. It was great to meet you - Max."

Ian and Max

Ian in Class 1A, 1965
Me - when I first discovered
"Magic Circle Club!"

1 comment:

Therin of Andor said...

Dammit. I just tried to send Max Bartlett an email update and it bounced back. I've just Googled him and uncovered the headline of a "Herald-Sun" obituary, so it seems Max passed away in July 2010.

As a fan, one tries not to be too much of a pest, but the time goes so fast. And then... they're gone. Seems like only yesterday that Max and I met, and my memories of several phone calls are strong (eg. "I rang you because I thought it might give you more of a thrill than sending a text message"). I'm hoping to do something with the interview I conducted (April 2009). Several irons are still in the fire...