Wednesday, June 18, 2014

52-Week Illustration Challenge, Week 25

The theme for Week 25 is "Dots". I present Fairy Fatality Bread. 3D assemblage art using white foam core board for bread slices, coated with rubber art cement and edible sprinkles. Cardboard template fairy shapes were cut freehand. Wands made from toothpicks and glitter stars. All served on a dotty plastic saucer, cordoned off by miniature police incident tape (photocopied Word document on overhead projector transparency).

Week 25 Dots
Week 25: Dots

Update:
Large red card dot on Ingres paper. Cartoon figure in black Artline Ergoline finepoint.

Week 25 Dots II
Week 25: Dots II

3 comments:

Therin of Andor said...

OMG for "Fairy Fatality Bread" making Tania's picks! So excited! Thank you! And I'm in some amazing company there! (Outside my hotel window I'm seeing a gigantic cloud - typical San Francisco fog!)

Therin of Andor said...

"Fairy Fatality Bread" has now been totally recomposited for a new Romance Readers' Convention fanzine called "Trousseau". (The original pic wasn't high enough resolution and the plate I used is now in storage! Just as well I lacquered the work for posterity!) Preview of Trousseau!

Therin of Andor said...

Today I collected my free contributor's copy of the fanzine "Trousseau", which includes my "Fairy Fatality Bread" assemblage art piece. The zine was launched at the Australian Romance Readers' Convention, coincidentally the same weekend as the launch of the Arts Brookfield exhibition! Although I'd rephotographed the elements as a new image, they ended up using the original work and I'm thrilled. There is also a mini bio of the artist, my blog, and a mention of the 52-Week Illustration Challenge!